This guide explains how to connect ELM327 WIFI scan tool to your iPhone or iPad device.
- Make sure your car is OBD2 compatible. You can check our list of OBD2 compatible cars here
- Browse and install your preferred OBD2 App from the Apple itunes store
- Make sure your iPhone or iPad device is compatible with the preferred App
- Locate your car’s OBDII diagnostic port and plug in your scanner.
- Turn on your ignition by turning your key to the 2nd turn.
- On your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, go to Settings, then Wi-Fi and connect to the scanner’s Wi-Fi signal. Usually called “OBD-II”
- Start your engine. Although the OBDII port is providing power to the scanner, in some cases you will not be able to retrieve any engine data without the engine running.
- When connected to the Wi-Fi network, go to the advanced settings and set the IP Address to Static. Configure the IP address to 192.168.0.10 and the Subnet Mask to 255.255.255.0. If the IP didn’t work, try this one 192.168.0.123
- In your App, configure the connection to use a custom TCP connection with IP 192.168.0.10 and TCP Port 35000.